Monday, January 16, 2012

Unhappy Hamstring

The running has been going well since last weekend. I took things slow after Fat Ass and while a bit stiff and sore I did not feel too bad after last Sunday's run. I kept with the minimum the rest of the week but threw in some intervals Thursday morning and did some bike intervals that night. I was ending each run with a fast set and really ramped up the speed as the week went on. Well, that might of been a bad idea.

Sunday I planned on a 10 mile run at Kennesaw but was going to see how I felt. Well, I felt like crap. It was cold and despite great company I had no energy on the first loop and by the end my right hamstring was making itself known. I quit at 5.5 miles.

When I was not running my hamstring felt fine so I took things nice and slow this morning and after 2 miles the hamstring was really cranky again so I quit. I did not do the minimum I had set up for myself but I also don't want to be hurt. Even now my hamstring feels "pulled" so I will be taking my cheat day tomorrow and hopefully things will be back to normal soon. I think I did a little too much speed too soon and will take it easy for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment